Release status: beta
|Implementation||User activity, Special page|
|Description||Summarises the most prominent contributors to an article|
|Author(s)||Rob Church (Robchurchtalk)|
|Last version||1.0.1beta (2008-01-09)|
|License||No license specified|
|Check usage and version matrix|
The Contributors extension provides an includable special page which summarises the most prominent contributors to an article. The page can be accessed as a normal special page, or included into other pages to provide an automated list, which is useful for attribution.
The Contributors extension requires MediaWiki 1.8.0 or above.
- Download and extract the files in a directory called "
Contributors" in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code to your LocalSettings.php (at the bottom)
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Contributors/Contributors.php" );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The list can be accessed as a conventional special page, or through inclusion into another page.
Special page 
The special page is located at Special:Contributors and provides an interface to select an article. You can also access this page using the "main contributors" link in the toolbox when viewing an article; the results for that page will be shown.
You can include a list of names into another page using the inclusion mechanism, e.g.
You can also create a template with the following code on it, and add it to your articles.
will produce a list of the most prominent contributors to Article.
Output criteria 
This extension lists "prominent contributors" to a page. The default behaviour will show all contributors, in order of number of edits, if the number of contributors is ten or less. Once the limit is hit, contributors with over two edits will continue to be listed. Contributors who are not listed are acknowledged as "X others".
These limits can be changed:
- $wgContributorsLimit defines the "intelligent cut-off" limit (default 10)
- $wgContributorsThreshold defines the edit threshold for additional users (default 2)
Change log 
A complete log of changes to the extension code (including internationalisation updates from third parties) is available from the Subversion log, however, summarised information on changes between point releases is given below:
|1.0.1beta||2008-01-09||Beta release using wfLoadExtensionMessages|
|1.0beta||2006-06-01||Minor bug fix|
Other Extensions 
- Extension:MostRevisors list pages with the most different editors.
- Extension:ContributionCredits add a ==contributors== footer on each page.
- Extension:DynamicPageList can produce lists of revision history for multiple articles. It can be combined with Extension:Ploticus to produce 'scattergrams' which show who edited certain articles (see Scatter Demo 2).
|Language:||English • português do Brasil|