Release status: beta
|Description||Adds the ability to autosave a draft of a page on the client while editing.|
|Latest version||0.2 (2012-06-10)|
|MediaWiki||1.17 to 1.19|
Translate the ClientsideDrafts extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
This extension adds the ability to autosave a draft of a page on the client while editing using HTML5 Storage and JSON API's.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
Saving Drafts[edit | edit source]
Edge Cases[edit | edit source]
- When a page is moved, the drafts which refer to that page are dropped
- When a draft is created for a new page but the page is never saved, the draft will still be available for creating the page
- When a draft is created for a page and the page is then deleted, the draft will remain, and the behavior will then be just as for drafts of uncreated pages
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Copy files of the extension into your extensions/ClientsideDrafts directory.
- Add the following line to the bottom of LocalSettings.php
require_once ( "$IP/extensions/ClientsideDrafts/ClientsideDrafts.php" );
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Mediawiki change its info notice display method since 1.20. If you edit a page then close it without save, someone change the page then you will not be able to see the newest code in editor unless you change a browser or clear browser cache.
See also[edit | edit source]
Extension:Drafts - server-side draft extension compatible with old MediaWikis (1.17 and below) ==