What can this extension do?
This extension adds an extra button to the edit form labeled "Save and continue editing." By clicking on it, it will save the edit and bring you back to the editing form (showing you a preview of the edit you just made as well, since you go immediately back to the editing form). This extension is useful when you are having issues with your connection and do not want to risk losing everything that you typed into the text area. The preview feature is still recommended for merely looking over your edit, however, as it does not clutter up the page history.
- Returns you to the editing form upon submission
- Displays a preview of the page after submission so that you may look over your existing edit
- Appends a comment to the end of the edit summary that lets people know that you are still working on the page
- Honors autosummaries, if enabled
- As of now, it does not quite honor section editing. The section will be saved as expected the first time, but the entire page will be shown in the text box after submission instead of just that section.
- There is no way to disable the preview
- There is an incredibly small chance that it will not work depending on how your query string settings are configured. As long as "?" is used to denote the beginning of the query string and "&" is used to separate different parts, you should be fine.
To install this extension, download the latest package and extract it to your wiki's /extensions directory. Then, add the following to LocalSettings.php: