Inaccessible extension. WikiLace.php is nowhere.
Release status: beta
|Description||Allows use of the syntax <lace></lace> to embed the lace chat client in an article|
|Last version||0.1 (2007-06-04)|
|MediaWiki||1.9.3 and 1.11.0|
|License||No license specified|
|Check usage and version matrix|
Allows editor to use the syntax <lace></lace> to embed the lace chat client in a wiki article, with a hook function. You can add any other text etc that you like into the article with the chat client.
1. Download the lace chat client from here http://socket7.net/lace/files/lace-0.1.6b1.zip
2. Unzip it and copy the www directory in the archive, into your wiki root directory. Rename it something like lace. You should end up with a directory something like mine - http://www.wikichat.org/wiki/lace
Note: It has to be in the root directory to work for some reason that I'm trying to track down.
3. Copy http://www.wikichat.org/WikiLace.php and put it in a file called "WikiLace.php" in your extensions directory. /!\ This URL doesn't exist anymore.
4. Change the following line in WikiLace.php
$wgLaceLocation = "http://www.wikichat.org/wiki/lace";
to point to the directory where you have installed lace.
5. Add the following line to the bottom of your LocalSettings.php
include ( "$IP/extensions/WikiLace.php" );
7. Open config.php and set at a minimum LACE_URL_ABS and LACE_URL_REL. You may also wish to change: LACE_INTERVAL, LACE_TIMEOUT and LACE_ACTIVITY_IDLE.
8. Edit an article and add <lace></lace> somewhere. The chat client is now embedded.
See the README.TXT in the lace directory for more info .
Please please add yourself to the sitelist if you use this extension. This will help us see how you are using the software so we can improve it for you!