Release status: stable
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||Adds a complex interface for giving pages ratings.|
|Author(s)||Adam Carter (UltrasonicNXTtalk)|
|Latest version||2.3.3 (2014-06-06)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Translate the ArticleRatings extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The ArticleRatings extension adds an interface for rating pages.
This extension was developed for Brickimedia, and is not as portable as it could be. If you need to use it on a separate MediaWiki installation, please don't hesitate to contact me on my Brickimedia talk page.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the tarball in your
extensions/folder. It should generate a new folder called
ArticleRatingsdirectly inside your
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
User rights[edit | edit source]
- changeRating - new user right allows user to change the ratings of pages.
Tags[edit | edit source]
<rating /> adds the rating of a page to a page.
<rating /> on it's own will add the rating of the page it is on, and
<rating page="title" /> will give the rating of
Special Pages[edit | edit source]
- Special:ChangeRating - interface for changing pages' ratings.
- Special:MassRatings - interface for getting the ratings of many pages at once.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- MediaWiki:Are-ratings - JSON file giving the name, codename (has to be 2 characters long), image, and link, for each rating. Should be an array of objects, in PHP-valid JSON. See here for example. The codename is just a 2 character string used by the software to identify the ratings, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as each rating's is different. Whichever rating comes first will be the default rating (the one used before the rating has been changed)
Variables[edit | edit source]
$wgARENamespaces = $wgContentNamespaces;Array of namespace numbers/constants that are allowed to have ratings on them.
$wgAREUseInitialRatings = false;If true, the ratings tag has an
init-ratingparameter that wil set the initial rating to the codename supplied, not the default. Not recommended for production use, but can be used as a workaround to allow bots to use the extension.