Release status: beta
|Implementation||Special page, Skin|
|Description||Allows setting an ad zone for individual pages or categories|
|Author(s)||Ike Hecht (tosfostalk)|
|Latest version||0.3.1 (2014-07-05)|
|MediaWiki||> 1.23, likely earlier versions as well|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Translate the AdManager extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
What can this extension do?[edit | edit source]
AdManager is an extension to MediaWiki that allows per-page or per-category placement of ads into a wiki page. It is designed to work with zones from an external advertising server such as OpenX but allows the placement of zones from (probably) any such server. The ads are displayed in the sidebar.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Defines two special pages: Special:AdManagerZones and Special:AdManager. Special:AdManagerZones is used to set which zones are available in Special:AdManager. These should be set to the zone number that the advertising server would normally insert into its insertion code. Special:AdManager is used to assign specific pages or categories to ad zones.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called
extensions/folder. If you're a developer and this extension is in a Git repository, then instead you should clone the repository using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/p/mediawiki/extensions/AdManager.git
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/AdManager/AdManager.php"; # $wgAdManagerService = # $wgAdManagerCode =
One of the configuration parameters must be uncommented and set appropriately.
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Note: After you've included the extension you must run update.php!.
Configuration parameters[edit | edit source]
- $wgAdManagerService - This can (currently) be set to 'openx'. If you set this, you do not have to set the $wgAdManagerCode (which will be ignored anyway).
- $wgAdManagerCode - Use this parameter to use any other advertising service. The code must include '$1' for any spot where the zone number should be inserted.
User rights[edit | edit source]
- admanager - Permission to use the two special pages to add zones or apply them to a page/category.