Extension:Access Control List
|If you need per-page or partial page access restrictions, you are advised to install an appropriate content management package. MediaWiki was not written to provide per-page access restrictions, and almost all hacks or patches promising to add them will likely have flaws somewhere, which could lead to exposure of confidential data. We are not responsible for anything being leaked, leading to loss of funds or one's job.
For further details, see Security issues with authorization extensions
Access Control List
Release status: beta
|Description||The Access Control List is an extension that allows the convenient protection of wiki contents.|
|Author(s)||W.Breiter (KIT), DIQA GmbH, ontoprise GmbH.|
|Latest version||1.8.0 (2014-10-19)|
|MediaWiki||1.22.x and 1.23.x|
|Download||download from GitHub|
Translate the Access Control List extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
With the Access Control List extension (ACLe) you can restrict the access to different elements of your wiki for single users or entire user groups. It allows to easily configure and manage custom rights via a comprehensive GUI. Main features of the Access Control List extension are:
- Access management to system features via graphical user interface.
- Protection of namespaces (e.g. for pages in the 'template' namespace), categories (e.g. for articles in the category 'confidential') and single wiki pages.
- Definition of user groups, "groups of groups" and group hierarchies.
- Import and re-use of users and groups via LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
- Combination of own permission sets out of system features.
- Assignment of permission sets to groups or individual users.
- Protection of semantic properties (e.g. to restrict access to the property 'salary').
The specific features of the ACLe are also listed at the page Category:Page specific user rights extensions.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- MediaWiki 1.22+
- 'Patch for Linux' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(Unix)
- MySQL Database backend
Download[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the HaloACL ZIP archive.
- Copy the folder 'HaloACL' into the extensions folder of MediaWiki.
- Enable the HaloACL and memcache by adding the following lines to LocalSettings.php:
## Shared memory settings (check if this is already set somewhere else in LocalSettings)
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_MEMCACHED;
$wgMemCachedServers = array('localhost:11211');
- Open a command prompt
- Change to MediaWiki's base directory and choose the patch command depending on your MediaWiki installation:
cd <mediawiki> cp extensions/HaloACL/<patchfile_for_MW> .
patch -p1 < ../<patchfile_for_MW>
- If you are running SemanticMediaWiki, go to you SemanticMediaWikis directory
cd extensions/SemanticMediaWiki cp extensions/HaloACL/<patchfile_for_SMW> .
cd includes patch -p1 < ../<patchfile_for_SMW>
Developers' Documentation[edit | edit source]
Known issue[edit | edit source]
The current version of this extension is not compatible with Extension:WikiEditor. The Access Control List extension has its own Toolbar and it has a conflict with the WikiEditor toolbar. A temporary solution is described here.