Extension:Access Control List
Access Control List
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||The Access Control List is an extension that allows the convenient protection of wiki contents.|
|Latest version||1.7.0 (2012-04-25)|
|Download||download from sourceforge|
Translate the Access Control List extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
With the Access Control List extension (ACLe) you can restrict the access to different elements of your wiki for single users or entire user groups. It allows to easily configure and manage custom rights via a comprehensive GUI. Main features of the Access Control List extension are:
- Access management to system features via graphical user interface.
- Protection of namespaces (e.g. for pages in the 'template' namespace), categories (e.g. for articles in the category 'confidential') and single wiki pages.
- Definition of user groups, "groups of groups" and group hierarchies.
- Import and re-use of users and groups via LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
- Combination of own permission sets out of system features.
- Assignment of permission sets to groups or individual users.
- Protection of semantic properties (e.g. to restrict access to the property 'salary').
The specific features of the ACLe are also listed at the page Category:Page specific user rights extensions.
Download & Documentation[edit | edit source]
A stable release of ACLe can be downloaded from sourceforge.
SMW+ and the SMW+ Extension Suite[edit | edit source]
DIQA Projektmanagement GmbH also distributes a pre-configured and free easy-to-install bundle named "SMW+" containing MediaWiki, SMW, Halo and further useful extensions. It also allows installing the Access Control List extension via the web based
Get more information at the official SMW+ info page.
Known issue[edit | edit source]
The current version of this extension is not compatible with Extension:WikiEditor. The Access Control List extension has its own Toolbar and it has a conflict with the WikiEditor toolbar. A temporary solution is described here.