Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, User identity|
|Description||Merges references from one user to another user in the Wiki database - will also delete old users following merge|
|Author(s)||Tim Laqua, Thomas Gries (maintainer)|
|Last version||1.8.1 (2013-08-06)|
|MediaWiki||1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 1.19, 1.20|
|License||GNU GPL, version 2 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The UserMerge extension allows wiki users with the usermerge permission (Bureaucrat by default) to merge one Wiki user's account with another Wiki user's account.
The extension allows to
- merge (refer contributions, texts, watchlists, edit count of a first account A to a second account B
- delete the first account A after the merge (option box)
- you cannot delete a user A without having merged the user A to B
- you cannot merge your own account (logged-in user)
- if you omit the "New User" field, then the extension auto-populates the New User as "Anonymous" (user_id 0), and ask you to confirm a merge to Anonymous. This is used for user deletion: you first empty (merge to user 0) contributions of a user A, and then delete the user A.
- the extension creates a User Merge log and logs all User Merge extension activity.
Download[edit | edit source]
You can download the extension directly from the MediaWiki source code repository (browse code). You can get:
- One of the extensions tags
Not all extensions have tags. Some extensions have tags for each release, in which case those tags have the same stability as the release. To download a tag
- Go to the tags list
- Click the name of the tag you want to download
- Click "snapshot"
- The latest version of one of the extensions branches
Each extension has a master branch containing the latest code (might be unstable). Extensions can have further branches as well.
- Go to the branches list
- Click the branch name
- Click "snapshot"
- A snapshot made during the release of a MediaWiki version.
This might be unstable and is not guaranteed to work with the associated MediaWiki version.
After you've got the code, save it into the extensions/UserMerge directory of your wiki.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can obtain the extension, with all its tags and branches, as follows:
cd extensions git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the files in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/UserMerge/UserMerge.php"; // By default nobody can use this function, enable for bureaucrat? $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['usermerge'] = true; // optional: default is array( 'sysop' ) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array( 'groupname' );
- Done – Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- follow Installation Instructions
- a new Special Page Special:UserMerge with the title Merge and Delete Users is created
- unmergeable users can be defined (examples):
# Allow all users to be merged (by default, the 'sysop' group is unmergeable) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array(); # Disallow merging of the users in the 'sysop' or 'awesomeusers' groups # N.B. check the distributed "install.settings" for the correct array name $wgUserMergeUnmergeable = array( 'sysop', 'awesomeusers' );
Known issues[edit | edit source]
- Bug 39470: It's not possible to merge the account of a blocked user
- Bug 39636: The extension lacks an API interface module
References[edit | edit source]
- since version 1.2
See also[edit | edit source]
- hideuser right - Allows to "hide" users from various lists when indefinitely blocking them
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Language:||English • português do Brasil|