|This extension mocks a command line environment, it does not actually execute scripts from the command line. There may be unexpected results due to this fact. Use at your own risk. If you can, you should execute maintenance scripts from the command line instead. Please report any unexpected results on talk page.|
Release status: experimental
|Description||Provides access to the maintenance scripts via a special page.|
|Latest version||0.5.0 (2014-04-01)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Translate the MaintenanceShell extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and extract the tarball in your
extensions/folder. It should generate a new folder called
MaintenanceShelldirectly inside your
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Configure the user rights and grant yourself access to that group from a bureaucrat account.
- Done! Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration[edit | edit source]
Parameters[edit | edit source]
- By default the extension lists maintenance scripts of MediaWiki core. Change this path to a different directory if you'd like to list different scripts instead (of a certain extension for example).
User rights[edit | edit source]
|Do not grant rights to the MaintenanceShell lightly. Maintenance scripts are powerful tools which can have a significant impact on your wiki. They are implemented as command line scripts instead of Special pages because they are irreversible and leave no trace.|
- This right (for security reasons not assigned to any group by default) grants the right to use Special:MaintenanceShell.
// Grant access to Special:MaintenanceShell to the "developer" user group: $wgGroupPermissions['developer']['maintenanceshell'] = true; # Or // Create a new "maintenanceshell" user group for Special:MaintenanceShell: $wgGroupPermissions['maintenanceshell']['maintenanceshell'] = true;
Usage[edit | edit source]
Go to page Special:MaintenanceShell
Change log[edit | edit source]
See the page containing the change log.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Extension:GoToShell — a much simpler shell extension that only launches one command specified in a configuration setting