This category lists information and pages relating to extensions.
A list of all extensions that have a page on MediaWiki.org can be seen under the subcategory listed below: all extensions. Other extensions might only be in the Subversion and/or Git repository/repositories.
- Manual:Extensions - general overview
- Project:WikiProject Extensions
- Extension requests
- Translating extensions
- Lists of extensions
- All extension pages - an uncategorized list of extensions.
- Comparison of extensions in distributions - Comparison of what extensions are included in different distributions.
- Extensions in the MediaWiki Git repository
- m:Category:MediaWiki extensions - extensions documented in meta, in the process of being moved to MediaWiki.org.
- m:Category:MediaWiki tools - some extensions here too
- Lists of wikis using an extension
- Category:Extension - WikiApiary. On any page look for: "This extension is in use on the following websites".
- Writing and maintaining extensions
- Manual:Developing extensions
- Manual:Tag extensions
- Manual:Parser functions
- Manual:Special pages
- Category:Extensions in need of a new maintainer There are always some extensions in need of a new maintainer. Perhaps taking over maintenance of one is a good starting point, too.
- Source Code: http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/ , git (link impossible)
Clicking the link to an extension should hopefully give you all the information you need in order to install/use the extension. If you have any further questions please raise them on the associated talk page, or contact the extension author directly if they have provided a means for you to do so. Do not contact the MediaWiki developers with questions about third-party extensions!
If you have an extension that you want to add to this site, create a new page and add the extension template to the top of it (or create a new extension article). This will create a useful infobox and add the template to this category. See Template:Extension for details. You should also add as much detail as possible to the body of the page, and it is wise to check back fairly regularly to respond to user questions.
Some of the extensions listed here may be maintained by people not affiliated with the MediaWiki software development team, and/or unfamiliar with the more intricate points of extension development.
The MediaWiki developers provide no support for third-party add-ons and neither the MediaWiki developers nor the maintainers of this site give any guarantee about the suitability, functionality, security or indeed any other property of any extension described on this site. Inclusion of an extension on this site is not an endorsement by the MediaWiki developers or the Wikimedia Foundation.
If it is felt that a particular extension published on this web site is being distributed containing vulnerabilities which expose users to cross-site scripting or other vulnerabilities, or which are otherwise insecure, these can and will be deleted with no prior notice.
The provisions of the general disclaimer are maintained.
|Extensions:||Category • All • Requests • Tag extensions • Extensions FAQ • Extension hook registry • Extension default namespaces|
This category has the following 28 subcategories, out of 28 total.
The number of included categories (C), pages (P) and files (F) is stated in brackets.
- ► Extensions by source location (2 C)
- ► Extensions supporting Composer (47 P)
- ► All extensions (2268 P)
- ► Extensions by audio element (1 C)
- ► Extensions by category (59 C)
- ► Extensions by content source (8 C)
- ► Extensions by developer (11 C)
- ► Extensions by hook usage (448 C)
- ► Extensions by implementation type (28 C)
- ► Extensions by integration target (52 C, 67 P)
- ► Extensions by page action (7 C)
- ► Extensions by requirement (1 C)
- ► Extensions by security risk (4 C)
- ► Extensions by status (13 C, 1 P)
- ► Extensions by visual element (32 C, 3 P)
- ► 2012 Q1 Extension Page Review Drive (1 P)
- ► Disambiguation extensions (1 P)
- ► Extension help (4 C, 40 P)
- ► Extensions with no license specified (566 P)
- ► Simple extensions (24 P)
- ► Extension templates (40 P)
- ► Extension variables (30 P)
Pages in category "Extensions"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.